Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club


When i was in ninth grade I had the most chill study skills teacher known to man. No one has had my respect more than Mr. Phelps. Him and I use to sit around and talk about music, Brad Pitt films, and occasionally math homework. Any way he turned me onto this band and he even gave me their discography. However, due to my shitty ipod crashing, I lost all of their music and had almost forgotten about them until I saw their name on the new twilight soundtrack. Hear me out, I was only looking at it because Thom Yorke was on there and I really respect him. So I went and bought a couple of their albums and they are now one of my favorite bands. A lot of blues and folk based garage rock sounds, its really cool stuff. Definitely influenced by guys like The Velvet Underground and The Beatles. Check them out if you get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment